AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House update - farming walls eeer framing(edit)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

fac
Posted 12/30/2011 22:36 (#2133820 - in reply to #2119597)
Subject: Re: House update - farming walls eeer framing(edit)

Central NC
When we hod our house (ranch over a basement) built our electricial guy did a couple of really useful things. Our main electrical panel is in the basement and he ran a conduit from the basement all the way thru the wall to the attic. The point was that if I wanted to add additional circuits I would not have to fish thru the walls but could go up to the attic and then down thru an interior wall. I have already used this.

For the phone and cable outlets he put a box on the stud and then ran a 1" PVC pipe from the bottom of the box thru the subfloor. I was able to do all of the phone and cable wiring myself and it was very simple to run the wires in the basement and then just fish them up thru the pipe to the box. I was also able to double up the phone jacks so they had both a phone and a CAT5 network jack.

If you know where your TV is going to go it might be worthwhile to run an empty conduit from there into the attic so you have an easy way to get either an antenna wire or sat cable to that spot.

It looks good so far.

FWIW - Frank
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)