AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

acceptable dog behaviour?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 8/5/2011 12:36 (#1896886 - in reply to #1889627)
Subject: Re: acceptable dog behaviour?

I have a male Canae Corso , he growled at me once 4 years ago when he was a pup, over food. I flipped him on his back , put my hand around his throat, not chocking him but enough that he understood , a few seconds later he relaxed/gave up.

Then 3 days ago he had a cat cornered in the barn , when I startled him he backed out and SNARLED at me , at 125# of pure muscle ,that will make your hair stand on end. I ordered him DOWN , which usually no matter what he will drop like a rock , instead he just growled again.

Now there's not much that scares me but my heart rate got pretty high , pretty fast . I knew what had to be done , and there may be some blood,more than likely mine, but I grabbed his collar , knocked him over ,kneeled on his chest , and held him down by the throat, probably harder than necessary , when he went submissive , I let go and stood up over him every time he moved ,for about 2 minutes, I said STAY.

Ever since he can't be close enough to me , when I'm walking he will be close enough that my hand is on his head , when I go inside he will stay by the door until I come out , when I give him food , he will not eat until I so OK ,or go inside.

Pack rule , it works for dogs , and to some existent people. Some are hard ,some easy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)