AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pelee Island
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 6/24/2011 14:24 (#1833737 - in reply to #1833686)
Subject: Re: Pelee Island

Near-north Ontario, French River
Redoak is right, I can almost see the island from my house, if not for some trees in the way LOL. I must admit I've never been to the island, although I hear its pleasant enough. Pelee Island Winery does maintain some large vineyards on the island, and there are ruins of the original winery that can be toured. Hunting is big on the island, pheasants being raised and released for the annual fall hunts. If it you want, you can hop the Ferry to the Island ( from either Kingsville or Leamington depending on schedule ), from there you can take the same ferry over to Sandusky Ohio. The island itself isn't that big, many people leave their cars on the mainland and simply take bikes over on the ferry and spend the day cylcing the island. There's severy B&B's if you wish to spend the night, but book ahead as they tend to be busy in summer months. If you are looking for excitement Pelee probably isn't for you, but if a nice relaxing quiet stay is what you are looking for it should fit the bill. I believe there's charter boats operating from the island ( for sure from the mainland) if you enjoy fishing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)