AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How fast
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Alberta Farmer
Posted 3/16/2011 12:48 (#1673293 - in reply to #1673255)
Subject: Re: How fast

West Central Alberta Coldest, wettest edge
This disaster in Japan puts the saying "greatest generation" into context doesn't it. In WWII Industrial output kept increasing in Britain, Germany, USSR, and Japan, inspite of the horrific damage to cities, factories, ports, power plants, dams, loss of skilled workers, shortage of raw materials. Today, one port city is destroyed, and there is talk that the whole world economy has to shut down. In WWII Japanese soldiers would commit Hari Kari for a cause much less noble than this current one( at least from a foreigners point of view) Now, they won't even fly helicopters over the plants to dump water in due to high radiation levels. The implications of letting these meltdown have worldwide implications affecting millions. crashing your Zero plane into a US warship had little or no implications.

I know it is easy to say when I'm not the one volunteering, but I hope I'd have what it takes to be that one if I had to.

Is there something I don't know about, if a machine is exposed to high radiation is there any consequences besides being contaminated forever?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)