AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

where and how to mount 2-way radio in a case 3320 sprayer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 3/12/2011 08:25 (#1665728 - in reply to #1665329)
Subject: Re: where and how to mount 2-way radio in a case 3320 sprayer.

Paxton, IL
I'm assuming the cab is just like one of the magnum tractors. if so I ran the wires straight up above the headliner right behind the radio. the antenna cable went up to the roof and I had a power connector down lower underneath the console to the rear right so I ran the power cable above the headliner, to the rear right cab post and down behind the trim, across under the back trim by the bottom of the rear window and out right at the power connector. Not sure if the trim is the same on the back since the window is probably different (i'm assuming the rear window doesn't open up on a sprayer?) if you can't find power there I would just run the wires behind trim down to the fuse panel and find it there. I would also note that on my magnum there wasn't much metal underneath the am/fm radio so I took the radio out and put in a strip of metal that bridged across the gap in the metal above the headliner and I bolted the radio to that. not sure if the sprayer is a little different or if they've changed the design since my magnum, and it probably depends on size of your 2 way radio and the exact location you want it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)