AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Take a old pole barn and turn into a heated shop?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

95h
Posted 1/22/2011 21:14 (#1565993 - in reply to #1565467)
Subject: Re: not too hard....

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

If it were me and it's not..   I'd dig around the posts, cut them off at ground level bolt on steel i-beams on the bottoms,  weld some iron sticking out toward the bottom fill the hole with concrete.  Make the I-beams long enough so with finished floor there is 20 feet clear between floor and ceiling,  and go from there with finishing off. (insulation, electrical, etc.. )    Put in the conduits etc.. needed under concrete floor before pouring.

If the current building is setting dead-flat with the surrounding ground,, I'd seriously consider building up the bottom so the floor is a foot or so above surrounding area.

Yah it would take jacking up the building all at once while putting in the steel I-beams but thats not insurmountable.

Far as average size of shop per acre,, not very meaningful at all.  Knew a farmer who didn't have much of a shop at all,,, He just paid the local repair shops a lot more money that most....   More accurate is will anything owned fit with enough room  for another machine or 2 ? Then add 40 percent onto that. 

Edited by 95h 1/22/2011 21:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)