AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere and competitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

deere9230
Posted 1/4/2011 21:21 (#1527122)
Subject: Deere and competitors

N IL
Normally I would not ask this question, but I have a little time and am hoping that some wise people on AT can help me out. We currently run all green equipment with green globes and GS2600 and 2630. We would like to go RTK because of more accurate boundries, stopping the overlap on approximately 25 acres of waterways, and the ability to soil test myself eventually. We do not want to use JD RTK because we don't believe that they have to ability to reach "through" all of our hills and we just don't believe that they are on the cutting edge of technology. We do want to keep using our screens because they are fairly easy to use, our operators understand them and we don't want to have to go through a learning curve all over again, and setup in tractors for autosteer is easy (plug and go). My question is there a possiblility that we could use a product like Paradyme to use a more accurate signal such as Omnistar HP or XP or even a base station and RTK? We would either like to use Trimble or Agleader if possible. Any information about how to make this work or possible costs for new recievers and subscriptions would be great. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)