AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SeedStar 2 OM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JDAMS2601
Posted 1/3/2011 16:31 (#1524138 - in reply to #1523785)
Subject: Re: SeedStar 2 OM

Iowa
Thanks for the links they were a big help, maybe if I explain my scenario a little more you may have more advice. Customer has 1760NT, he wanted to variable rate seed with this planter so we installed two hydraulic drives and the SeedStar 2 controller which has the latest payloads via Service Advisor. We quickly found out that Swath was not picking up the SeedStar controller, it was seeing only the GS2 Rate Controller which the customer will be regulating his liquid fertilizer with. We unhooked the GS2 RC in hopes of Swath recognizing the SeedStar controller... this didn't work. After a little research I'm thinking this didn't work b/c the planter had not been reassembled to the point where we could perform the calibrations necessary for Swath to see the SeedStar controller as a controller capable of seed shut-offs and half width disconnect. I still think the the seedstar controller will have to be ran through yet another rate controller after VRD calibrations are complete making this system have 2 rate controllers and a seedstar controller but once we have it connected and configured it will be capable of half width disconnect?

I hope that makes sense and someone can give me a little feedback, as of right now I know just enough to be dangerous, I look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks again!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)