AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for Torn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 1/1/2011 10:58 (#1519025 - in reply to #1518975)
Subject: Re: question for Torn

roaming
currently, there is no tie-in between the sprayer and the Pro 600, as far as mapping is concerned (to my knowledge). You will have to manually control mapping, or if you have a CIH/NH tractor, you can link it to your hyd remote or 3pt hitch.

A true as-applied map takes rate data from the sprayer electronics and creates a map from it. Currently this is not possible with the Pro 600, so you will be manually painting a map. You can let it paint a coverage map, which is the default and shows no rate information - just shows where you sprayed. Or you can set up everything as though you were going to do rate mapping, but you have to enter the mapping rate manually, which could be different from the actual rate being applied at the boom. If you change the actual applied rate, you also have to remember to change the map.

You might check with your dealer, because as I said earlier, I think true as-applied mapping (where the map is updated automatically in real-time based on rate changes) is supposed to be available soon. And I believe Rx control (automatically varying the rate based on a prescription you create on the desktop) will come at the same time.

I'm not real familiar with the Outback stuff, but I know you'll need the Pro 600 (or some other ISOBUS compliant display) to run the sprayer, and since the Pro 600 currently can't shut off sections, you'll need a second system to do that. So what you're suggesting sounds reasonable, I think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)