AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600...Rx Scale Factor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/25/2010 20:27 (#1454148 - in reply to #1451931)
Subject: Re: Pro 600...Rx Scale Factor?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I think the first thing you need to do is to confirm that the Raven total volume (weight actually in this case) agrees with the scale reading.

Most folks think in Pounds of actual "N". The meter cal shown on the Raven tag is for pounds of "N". The target rate that you set is probably for pounds of "N".

The scale at your supplier will be measuring total pounds of NH3. So take 82% of the scale weight and compare it to the total shown on the Raven.

Leave the Rate/acre out of the picture as this brings in the accuracy of speed and swath width. If you get the total on the Raven to closely agree with 82% of the scale weight then you have a good meter cal.

Remember this meter cal is only accurate if you are running liquid NH3 through the system. If pockets of vapor are present they will spin the turbine inappropriately leading to a falsely high total.

Since the Pro 600 is only handling numbers passed between the two boxes it is important to get the Raven to apply correctly on its own. I think the other problem will take care of itself then.

Born2Farm is correct in his example of having an Rx in tons but actually applying in pounds. Another use of this would be if the Rx were written in pounds of NH3 but the Raven was using a calibration number for pounds of "N". If the Rx were written in pounds of NH3, the 82% factor would be needed so that the Raven would be instructed to apply the proper amount of "N".

Edited by tedbear 11/25/2010 20:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)