AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone cut any beans sprayed with fungicides
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lcisled
Posted 9/27/2010 22:07 (#1376569 - in reply to #1375438)
Subject: RE: anyone cut any beans sprayed with fungicides

Good question, more need to be asked with it. What was the application timing? R3 is the best time around this area, roughly the 3rd week of July in my part of the country. If you sprayed it with your 2nd pass of Rup the first part of July (roughly R1 around here) you did not get what you could have for yield potential. Did you spray an insecticide with it? There is some research being done denoting that there is a synergistic effect between the two. What variety of soybeans? Like corn some seem to not show the results as others. My perception is the offensive, race horse varieties seem to show higher returns. 93M11 Pioneer seem to show the least return, I think that is a good yielding defensive bean, although I could be mistaken. Harvest is just starting so not much results here but have seen 3-8 bu. so far and this is preliminary.
I agree with comments about fertility. Some of the highest returns I have seen come from the soil with the best potential. Low fertility would not seem to make sense. Taking a yield limiting pathogen away from the plant that does not have the potential to feed it for a higher yield should not show more. Finally, did you get the late moisture to fill the top nodes of pods on the plant? This year we struggled to get the moisture during pod fill and it seems like the fungicide treated plants have larger soybeans. More to be learned as harvest progresses.

Edited by lcisled 9/27/2010 22:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)