AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a question on the EZ Steer setups...also JD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/16/2007 07:14 (#137648 - in reply to #137645)
Subject: RE: I have a question on the EZ Steer setups...also JD

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ron - I think it depends on which mount you use. On the 8310, I first used the Deere bracket which clamped around the plastic. This would allow use of both tilt and extend. However, the plastic would twist with the action of the EZ-Steer motor.

Later this bracket was changed for a different style. This required cutting a slot in the plastic but the bracket mounted to the interior metal of the housing. This was more desirable as it was very solid. However, this did not allow the use of the Extend feature of the steering column as then the steering wheel would move away from the motor. Tilt was still available, although the assembly was heavier to move due to the weight of the EZ-Steer motor. We did not find the loss of the Extend to be a problem.

Now that I have removed the EZ-Steer and switched to Autopilot, I have the small slot in the plastic housing showing. For what it's worth, if you try to open up this plastic shell be aware of a tab on the lower right side. I was not careful when I removed the bracket (someone else installed it) and I broke this tab. After I got the bracket removed, the plastic shell did not snap back together properly due to my breakage.

I don't know about the Deere system.

Edited by tedbear 4/16/2007 07:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)