AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smartstax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

il weedman
Posted 8/27/2010 09:48 (#1334626 - in reply to #1333683)
Subject: Re: Smartstax

St. Charles, MO & Piper City, IL

"With that being said most of Dekalb (not all) is sold from a co-op. With that being said they just try to move the product that they are told to move or have a larger amount of"

Coady been thinking about this all night and I have to disagree. Worked in the COOP system 9 of my 15 years of my career and never did this. It was a sure fire way to lose a customer. Your making a broad statement without anything to back it up but your own opinion or trying to persuade others that this is happening.

"The products that you have been sold or given may not have been a good choice for your farm if your salesman in not familiar with your farming habits or the type of soil he is recommending a product for."

Let me ask you this. How do you know the farm so well if you never do anything but drive up the lane to sell him seed? Do you roll over the acres in a sprayer or spreader? Do you have soil test maps? Do you know what rates he runs with his fertility? Kind of hard to make that statement working part time as a seed salesman or bringing wholesale fertilizer terminal sales people around to try to cut out retailers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)