AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA Acreage Report next week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 6/25/2010 07:52 (#1249775 - in reply to #1249750)
Subject: Re: USDA Acreage Report next week

North Central Illinois
I agree. I'm afraid we are going to see an acreage number with a 9 as the first number. I know there were areas that struggled to get the corn planted but as a whole the major corn producing areas got in early and planted more corn than they had figured on last winter. The seed guys will tell you that they couldn't keep up with the amount of extra corn going out of the warehouses this spring. There are for sure many areas, some quite large that are hurting and have serious flood damage. As bad as it is it is still no where near like 1993 was. One wild card in regard to acreage is how much corn did the deep south plant this year? The last couple of years the southern states planted a lot of corn instead of cotton and beans. Is that the case this year or did they back off? How about the Dakotas? Did they plant the same, more, or less corn? As far as final production and prices the rest of the year we have a very long way to go. If the wet areas stay really wet of if it turns off hot and dry in a significant area in July and August, the national average could be a lot lower than last year even though acreage will be significantly higher.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)