AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

curious questions about irrigation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tool_man1
Posted 3/27/2010 21:26 (#1139436 - in reply to #1139388)
Subject: Re: curious questions about irrigation

It depends alot on how long the system is, how deep the well is, weather you use a diesel or electric power source, what type of system you buy, how big of a pump you buy. If you buy a new reinke it will be less than what a valley or zimmatic will run. If copper theft is a problem in your area, I suggest you buy a t-l. You will never regret it if you do. When you have to string the wire down the pivot again in the hot summer in standing corn you will wish you had bought one. If you want to keep the cost of the machine low buy a reinke. Is the quality the same as the others, no in my opinion. Lindsay, and valmont make very high quality pivots in my opinion, but they come with the price. Depending on what power source you run, depends on how much the pump for the well will cost and how much power it will take to run the well. If you only have to go a couple hundred feet for water, the well will run you maybe 5 to 10 thousand for somebody to drill it. If nobody irrigates in your area I would highly suggest a test well to determine how much water is available and how much gallon-age you can pump a minute to determine how long of a machine to put up. In my area it cost about 2 bucks a foot to trench in pipe if you want to put the well and panel box at the edge of the field. We recently put up a new t-l 1300 feet machine, and the system erected was 45k. We also bought a motor to run the well and pivot, and the motor and well head was about 15k new. The well cost about 8 thousand to drill. The pivot also hits 80 percent of the farm so it makes it very economically effective.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)