AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LP pump?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

E718
Posted 3/27/2010 12:28 (#1138864 - in reply to #1138712)
Subject: Re: LP pump?

Sac & Story county IA
I want to hijack this thread. I have a 114 gallon tank that I don't use. The gauge wasn't working on my 500 gallon tank and the delivery guy got it too full. I was scared of getting liquid in my vapor heater. I drained some off into the 114 gallon tank. Now I want to get the gas out of the 114 gallon tank. It only has vapor outlet. Can I hold the tank upside down with the forklift and have a hose into my 1000 gallon dryer tank that I ran empty, not any vapor pressure? Or should I just hook grill and torch tanks to the vapor and take what I get in the smaller tanks? That would be just pressure equalizing, wouldn't it? 20% liquid fill? The gas has been in that tank a couple years and I just don't have any reason to use it out of there. I heat my shop with vapor but that small of tank wouldn't vaporize enough to run a 300,000 btu heater on a cold day. I don't want to heat the shop on a day warm enough to get enough vapor pressure.

As to transferring the gas in the original question. An air conditioner pump would probably work. The piston ones. But there would be about a thousand ways to blow your head off doing it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)