AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CRARY Air Reels
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 3/9/2010 15:48 (#1112339 - in reply to #1112087)
Subject: RE: CRARY Air Reels

Brazilton KS

Here is a search of "air reel" and my username.....I think I've already posted everything I have to say at least once.  http://talk.newagtalk.com/search/query.asp?fid=0&action=search&searchforumid=all&keywords=air+reel&mode=1&subjects=1&messages=1&author=plowboy&collapsethreads=1&days=1&datemode=3&custom-start=&custom-end=

We purchased a head with one several years ago.  I cut about 350 acres with it, and purchased a CWS to put on the other head before we went to the field with it again.  Purchased a third head with CWS the next year.  I won't cut beans without one.  Need to either move one to the new head or purchase another before next year, cause we got a different head.

You want a seperator driven fan. For some reason Crary tries really hard not to sell them, trying to convince you that you want the cruppy gearbox drive on the head.  Don't let them get away with that.  If they don't offer the seperator drive, go to AWS.  Based on customer service, I would buy AWS if buying new and buying a wind system as opposed to a complete air reel.  Personally I prefer the air reel but if you are putting it on a used head, the wind system probably makes more sense both because of original cost and also because it leaves you with a reel that takes standard parts instead of the Air reel parts which no one carrys, at least here.  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)