AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big service trucks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SoILL
Posted 3/8/2010 14:30 (#1110656 - in reply to #1110565)
Subject: Re: Big service trucks

I'm up in the air how I feel about these big fancy service trucks. Main reason I'm still up in the air is because we just bought/built a pretty fancy one ourselves. BUT, we have less money in it (including tools, gen/welder, all the goodies) than a lot of farmers have in just a regular pickup. I agree they don't have to be fancy as long as they get the job done, but on the other hand does your tractor have to be really fancy, NO!!?? It's really a personal preference thing. As for landlords seeing it and thinking they should raise the rent because you can afford something like that, isn't this the same as running a fancy new tractor or combine through the field? The reason we went with a service truck is because we don't have a shop right now that we can fit the combine or most of the tractors in to work on them. We do have other sheds that they fit in and it's nice being able to pull up to them and have every tool you need instead of having to run home to get something, especially when that is 25 or so miles away. I'll post some pictures up next week of our service truck and you can make fun of how fancy it is LOL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)