AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Related to Tariff's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Headland
Posted 9/29/2024 06:49 (#10908296 - in reply to #10908122)
Subject: RE: Related to Tariff's

Malta, Illinois
You sure seem to know a lot of specifics about the deadbeats in your community. We have those sort of people around here but I couldn't begin to recite the information about them that you just gave. Find another hobby maybe? Seriously though, I take your point that there is a whole class of people who aren't desirable employees or even employable. The system has created that class of people but I fear the train has left the station as far as making these people take menial jobs to exist. I think Dave's point is that instead of wringing hands over that fact we just as well admit that the number of available people fit to work is much lower than it was a couple of decades ago or more. People have quit having big families and it shows. You are not wrong to be upset about the class of people that have evolved due to welfare but it is a tale almost as old as time and I'm not sure what is to be done about it. One place to start is with some serious reform when it comes to applying and qualifying for "disability" status. There are literally tens of thousand of able bodied people who have gamed the system and been granted "disability" at a young age never to work again except maybe for cash on the side. That is a whole other discussion just like military disability pensions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)