AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got a new defibrillator and pictures of what is really important
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Usetobe dental asst
Posted 8/9/2024 09:26 (#10844836 - in reply to #10844770)
Subject: RE: Got a new defibrillator and pictures of what is really important

South Central MN
Great pictures! I'm sure you're happy each time you're on this side of the replacement. How old were you when you first had this done and how often do they need to be replaced?
I was a volunteer EMT with our local ambulance service for ten years. One of my most memorable calls went like this: we had just completed a call, and were leaving the hospital when our pagers went off again, dispatching to a house directly behind the hospital. When we got there, an elderly woman was light headed, but alert. I don't remember her other signs and symptoms. By the time we got in the elevator of the hospital, her heart stopped and we started CPR, got her to a room where she was defibrallated. This woman went to my same church, and while I was giving her oxygen (she was not conscious and not breathing on her own), I told her we had called our pastor. She began to improve. I don't remember the exact cause of why she went into cardiac arrest, but I believe it was medication related. Anyway, she had a defibrillator implanted and lived many good years after that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)