AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House Foundation Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ajgern81
Posted 2/13/2010 10:10 (#1072645 - in reply to #1072097)
Subject: RE: House Foundation Question

Potomac IL
We just built a house last year. I did not want a wet basement. We went with a 10 inch wall with a brickledge. We didn't brick the house but just in case down the road. 3 foot of our basement was out of ground to keep above the watertable. that a big thing most people forget in town check your watertable you dont wa nt or need your sump running all the time your setting yourself up for trouble. We had a form a drain and put pee gravel up until the ground level. Basement guy said why are you doing that I told them I didn't want water trouble. I couldn't believe that most people use dirt as fill even in their garage. People just can't believe dirt will settle that much after you run over some many times but it does around here anyway. Also put in a outside and an inside sump pit. I've got the outside one a little lower so runs first can't even hear it run. If I can hear my inside one run I know I have trouble outside somewhere. We have had the wettest summer on history and I had a dry basement. Next project is to finish the basement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)