AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Grizz................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

eddiedry
Posted 2/12/2010 21:25 (#1072110)
Subject: The Grizz................

Wheatley, Arkansas

I just saw an old post pop back up to the top of my page.

Your reply:

Man, you really spend a lot of time writing. Les, I’m going to make sure to stop in to meet you someday so you can stop typing. My 14-year-old granddaughter used her cell phone to text 20,000 times one month. I cut the phone off for a month to save her thumbs. She’s an A student, but gramps felt that 20,000 was too much. You should take a break, Les. Get up, walk around the farm, it’s healthier for you. Jeff Kramer, Titan/Goodyear Tire vice president of tire processing stopped and visited with your son. Just so you know, Jeff was a young engineer for Firestone and Ken Allen, the current head of Firestone farm tires is an old Titan employee. Firestone makes a good tire also. So let’s talk about your tire problems.

The first issue is leaks. Your son says you have soaped them but can’t find the leaks. The tires are four to five years old. Your tire dealer (Bobby Henard) will be getting new tires and Titan will bring your old tires back to see why they leak. I also want them to check the rims because sometimes under a load the welded seam will leak. Did you know, Les, that if they are Titan wheels, you get new ones? If they are not, we’ll tell you who to call.

On the 900 by 32 tires the wheels are too narrow. Titan will send new 900 by 42 tires that will have 31” x 42” wheels. Your dealer will call you when they are ready. I’m looking forward to meeting you, so stay healthy.

1. I do spend time doing things that interest me, NAT being one of them. I also get out to the farm quite a bit, much more when we have something going on.

2 Apparently Jeff misunderstood Nathan, as the way we discovered the location of the leaks was seeing bubbles on the sidewalls of the tires when it was raining.

3 Do Titan wheels have a lifetime warranty against rim splitting? If so I wonder why when a MFWD 480X34 wheel split at the seem a little over a year ago we weren't told about the warranty at that time?

4 The 900's on the combine were on 31'' wheels, see pictures below.

5 I am very much looking forward to meeting you too. I'll try to stay healthy and living until that time comes. I certainly do hope that GoodYear gets their problems resolved and does regain the market share and quality tire they once had, especially since the good folks at Bobby Henard Tire are GoodYear dealers, and are right here at my back door.

(DSCN1096.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN1096.jpg (48KB - 122 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)