AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who’ll stop the bleeding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 4/7/2024 11:24 (#10697465 - in reply to #10697374)
Subject: RE: Who’ll stop the bleeding

Saronville NE
I can get feed under a $1. But not by time you add interest only on livestock not feed, death loss, vet etc. idk anyone who can get it that low.
I had a guy tell me other day if you can get to $1 cog how many do you want me to bring you? Cause isn't anyone getting gain that low in whole picture. This guy feeds all over too.

Edit. I'd have to run the numbers if charged myself what I have in Fred, hay etc vs opportunity cost, shrink , grinding etc. because I know that would drop my hay cost in half. But those aren't realistic numbers. If I can sell it for $200 a ton and don't have to eat shrink and grinding cost why wouldn't I sell it vs feeding it? Same with silage if I didn't add shrink etc in it then I can deduct cost there too. But those are all costs associated with feeding cattle. If I'm losing money on the feed to make cattle look more profitable or can cover all my costs so feed us profitable and buy cattle at right price that are profitable. That's my goal. I want to make money on every enterprise or I'm not interested. It's business.

Edited by ahay68979 4/7/2024 11:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)