AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sinclair Oil Co Gas Credit card - anyone else use the new app?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

PearTrees
Posted 1/10/2024 16:57 (#10566875)
Subject: Sinclair Oil Co Gas Credit card - anyone else use the new app?

Northwest IOWA
My wife and I have been Sinclair Oil card users since 2014 or so, Save 10cents at the pump , several local stations here are Sinclair Oil so we used it alot , and really liked the easy-to-invoices ,And paid in full each month.
As of Jan 1st - 24 , you must load a Sinclair App on your phone which requires a Debit or credit card attached . I called the 800 number, and asked if there was any other way to continue with Sinclair , such as pre pay several months in advance .The answer was no- I asked the nice gal if the call center how the past customers were accepting the new App, and if they are getting alot of feed back.She laughed out loud, and said they are getting alot of negative calls this month.
Not sure if there is a better alternative card available that saves at the pump ...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Russ In Idaho
Posted 1/10/2024 17:27 (#10566910 - in reply to #10566875)
Subject: RE: Sinclair Oil Co Gas Credit card - anyone else use the new app?

Well, when gas is over $2.75 a gallon the Verizon and Costco credit cards pay 4%, which is better than the 10 cents a gallon off like most gas cards are.
What_If
Posted 1/10/2024 18:41 (#10567024 - in reply to #10566875)

Southern Iowa
Do you have "Sparky's" near you??

They are a smaller chain with some older stores. Great places for the most part, But might be a bit behind on the tech.
Gravel Patrol
Posted 1/10/2024 19:52 (#10567174 - in reply to #10566875)

NW Iowa
I use the app and credit card to get 20 cents off. They discontinued the Sinclair card but I put my farm credit card on and still get 20 cents off.
The app is nice when traveling, It will tell you the nearest station.
VBarBar
Posted 1/10/2024 20:39 (#10567273 - in reply to #10566875)

Central Coast, California
Sinclair was privately owned up until a few years ago. When it merged and went public things like good service go out the window and profitability to shareholders becomes more important.

Usually apps are sold to management as a way to capture the user and make sales more slick. Not sure if I agree or not.
dk77
Posted 1/11/2024 12:55 (#10568234 - in reply to #10566875)

NW Iowa
I have the Dinopay app tied to a checking account. I opened a separate free checking account for it and just keep a small balance and transfer more in when needed. The app seems very easy to use. You can look for stations on the map. When at the station, you tell it which pump # and it turns on. Can be slow to authorize. Obviously a cell signal is required.
PearTrees
Posted 1/12/2024 07:27 (#10569286 - in reply to #10568234)

Northwest IOWA
Thanks for the replies, I believe opening a " limited funds " checking acct is what we plan to do . Good advice. We have 3 or 4 local owned Sinclair stations so we like to support them over the other choices . Also one of the local Sinclair stations sells E85 often times 60 to 90 cents below Unlead E10, and the wife's Ford Explorer still gets 19- 20 mpg on it . So saves her alot between fill ups.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)