AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

greenleaf turbo drop for streaming fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdunk
Posted 5/4/2021 18:28 (#8987441)
Subject: greenleaf turbo drop for streaming fertilizer

NW KS
Can or has anyone used greenleaf turbo drop nozzles to stream on fertilizer by taking off the second/bottom nozzle tip (the one that makes the pattern) and running just the tip that has the orifice? I have a new to me sprayer set up on 10 inch spacing that came with 3 different greenleaf nozzles on 10in. In the past when I streamed on 10in I put in a colored orifice to stream. I have stream bars that I use when not streaming into corn stalks (they get broke off), and stream on 10 inch spacing when streaming into corntalks. I know there are other options for a streaming nozzle, but I am just trying to save some $ and not have to buy more tips.

I had never ran greenleaf tips before, so these are new to me how they work. I had some plug up one time and took the second tip off and noticed that they sprayed a "stream" and I thought this might work for streaming fertilizer and save me from changing tips. Just would have to take the second tip off.

My only concern is the the first tip also has the holes for the air induction, and not sure if this would cause any issues or not?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)