AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8410 Autotrac not showing up on GS Display
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Hilltopper
Posted 5/3/2021 22:35 (#8986133)
Subject: JD 8410 Autotrac not showing up on GS Display

Looking for some guidance here on a problem I've had this spring.

'98 8410 with a 1775 exactemerge planter. 2630 Display and updated 3000 receiver. The 'pie' on the Greenstar display for autosteer doesnt show up. So no autosteer.

Local JD dealer passed me off to about 5 different guys before one of the Greenstar wizards determined the problem. The Display does not think the tractor is autotrac ready, for some reason. He says call the service dept for instruction or repair. So for going on a week, the service manager has been looking into it, to no avail. So i ran with markers until the rain, and now the service dept is swamped, with no techs to spare for my first world problem.

My question is, where do i even start to find this problem? The only advice ive got is that the problem 'might' be electrical. I'm aware this might be completely out of my wheelhouse, but im hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. TIA.

Also, this will be the third year we have paired this tractor and planter and guidance, with no issues previously. I can make guidance lines and do mapping without any problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)