AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Radar speed for SeedStar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bcochran79
Posted 5/3/2021 15:05 (#8985256)
Subject: Radar speed for SeedStar

South Georgia
I am planting with a Deere 1700 planter w/ Hydraulic drive and SeedStar II controller. This is being pulled with an 8420 tractor, seedstar running on 2630 display. My seeding rate is not accurate because the 2630 display is using wheel speed to operate the planter drive. I am planting into hard dirt and the tractor is slipping 0.4 MPH, which is causing a difference between ground speed and wheel speed. So far as I can tell, the Seedstar will allow me to select between wheel speed and radar speed for my speed source. This tractor is not equipped with a radar. My thought was to get radar speed out of my FmX and feed it into the radar connector on the tractor. AgExpress can build the harness for me. Problem is I looked around and can’t find the radar connector underneath that tractor. Does it definitely have one? If I find it and connect it to my FmX is my Greenstar display going to recognize it? Could I just connect it to the radar “output” cable that is supposedly under the console? This tractor is not “Greenstar Ready” It doesn’t appear to have the wiring in place for a GPS receiver. It did come with an ISO connector on the back, and we were able to connect a Greenstar display to some connectors that were hidden behind the corner post. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)