AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

India update from doc over there
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

2TrakR
Posted 5/2/2021 19:46 (#8983827)
Subject: India update from doc over there

Saginaw Bay Area - Michigan
Update on India via interview with doctor (infection disease pathologist).

Summary:
Dr. John Campbell interviews Dr Nair who is on the ground in India.

India doc blames gov for not being prepared. Things had been going relatively smoothly until this latest "wave".
They are seeing "fully vax'd" be hospitalized from covid. Did not have numbers to say it's a lot or a little.
They are short on some supplies, notably O2 and overall capacity at med facilities.
About 40% of severe COVID are diabetic. India, apparently, has high prevalence of diabetes.

They are having success with therapeutics. For those (you know who you are) that have poo poo'd IverM and it's ilk, I recommend watching this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQdKsLZjmaQ

Couple of my own comments.

The guy on the videos is a Doctor, but I'm not all in on some of his beliefs and I've watched a few of his. I think he's a bit naive as in other vids he praises masks, distancing and vaxs. Done correctly, those items can have some level of impact, but they are not the cure-all that he describes them as and _we_ know this because _we_ have lived through it here.

He was also fretting that India only has x% of their population vax'd and what a low percentage that was. Except the number was over 130,000,000. That is more that most other countries. So maybe as a percentage, yeah, it's a low number, but as an actual number of shots, that's pretty impressive and I'd certainly not describe it as woefully low.

PS - very disappointed that JB did not post this one already.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)