AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Global trends in clinical studies of ivermectin in covid 19
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/16/2021 16:46 (#8955464)
Subject: Global trends in clinical studies of ivermectin in covid 19

Pittsburg, Kansas

52 page article published in The Japanese Journal of Antibiotics.

http://jja-contents.wdc-jp.com/pdf/JJA74/74-1-open/74-1_44-95.pdf

I have not read it all yet but here is a Whiteboard doctor presentation that reviews some of the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sArj3NY2i30

Edit: from the article: (emphasis is mine)

Since then, numerous clinical trials have been conducted in various countries around the world. As of the 30th of January 2021, a total of 91 trials in 27 countries has been recorded at these registration sites. There are 43 trials in phase 3 and 27 trials in phase 2, along with 17 observational studies. This includes 80 trials being conducted for therapeutic purposes and 11 for the purpose of preventing the onset of disease in close contacts and healthcare professionals. Furthermore, by the 27th of February, the results of 42 clinical trials, including approximately 15,000 patients (both registered and unregistered studies) have been subjected to a meta-analysis after exclusion of biasing factors. It was found that 83% showed improvements with early treatment, 51% improved during late-stage treatment, and there was an 89% prevention of onset rate noted. This confirms the usefulness of ivermectin. Since it is a meta-analysis based on 42 test results, it is estimated that the probability of this comprehensive judgment being a mistake is as low as 1 in 4 trillion. In addition, two separate meta-analyses also showed the usefulness of ivermectin and their conclusions were presented to the WHO and the US FDA with a request for an expansion of the indication of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19. 

Edited by John Burns 4/16/2021 16:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)