AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Akaushi Project milestone!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mn_feeder
Posted 4/8/2021 08:38 (#8939445)
Subject: Akaushi Project milestone!

MN
First fat born and raised here to the butcher. Because of butcher appts I had to sell some of my first steers as feeders, but today was the day. Steer was born 11.21.19, so that would put him @ 502 days old when butchered on Tuesday. Butcher claims he hung 1038# (um .... ok) but its what I go with. No reason to doubt their weight as they are very reputable place. All the same, still seems high to me as I weighed him day after xmas @ ~1200#, which could have been off I guess because had to weigh truck and trailer separately and weighed him with another animal. Kicking myself for not getting a live weight. Anyways, even if he was 100# lighter carcass still impressed with the growth for 50% akaushi, especially considering he wasn't implanted and didn't have a terribly hot ration, 50% corn silage 40% rolled corn (screenings mostly when I have them), and 10% ddgs.

Some pics! Will be nice to finally stop hemorrhaging money and slow it to a slow bleed lol... as I keep all my heifers for breeding, defnitely not a get rich quick scheme! It's been a fun project for me and dad, excited to see how the meat looks (keeping 1/4 for myself.)

(s6.young (full).jpg)

(s6.trailer (full).jpg)

(s6.trailer2 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments s6.young (full).jpg (214KB - 103 downloads)
Attachments s6.trailer (full).jpg (146KB - 102 downloads)
Attachments s6.trailer2 (full).jpg (125KB - 75 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)