AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is the harbor freight pallet jack good enough?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/7/2021 18:30 (#8938512)
Subject: Is the harbor freight pallet jack good enough?

https://www.harborfreight.com/material-handling/hand-trucks-carts-dollies/pallet-jacks/25-ton-pallet-jack-68760.html 

I was just going to order a harbor freight jack but I have read on NAT that seed pallets require 54” length to handle a pallet of seed easily. The Harbor freight site just says overall length is 61” which really tells me nothing about the fork length.

Also read on newagtalk that being able to turn 210 degrees or more makes life lots easier in a van trailer. I can’t find the turning angle mentioned on the Harbor Freight site.

Also read on newagtalk that the ability to go very low is important for some pallets that may have been damaged. Don’t really see anything about that on the Harbor Freight site.

I also read on newagtalk where quite a few people seemed decently happy with their Harbor Freight pallet jack and did not mention issues with the recommendations I listed above.

So I guess I’m wondering, if you want to be able to move pro boxes, 265 gal shuttles of herbicide, normal herbicide pallets and long seed pallets and be able to get the first 3 out of a van trailer relatively easily, is the current version of the harbor freight pallet jack any good or should I take the buy once cry once method with a better one?

And if I get a better one, where should I get it? As I have googled around some of the brands thrown around on NAT I haven’t really seen a particular place that seems like a great place to buy.

Thanks. 

Edited by dpilot83 4/7/2021 18:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)