AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Litterbugs. How to stop them?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SodBuster95
Posted 4/5/2021 21:59 (#8935714)
Subject: Litterbugs. How to stop them?

I live next to a county highway that sees its fair share of traffic throughout the week. People around here are usually pretty good about not littering but over the last month or so I've started finding a lot of fast food bags and other trash in the ditch in front of my farmyard as well as blown around the rest of my property. I am extremely meticulous by nature and run several businesses from my farm so I like things to look nice and well maintained and this is really starting to bother me.

I have a 15 rows of mature blue spruce and other trees planted between my farm yard and the highway so it's not possible to see the road from my house but a week ago I was doing some maintenance on top of my grain leg and had a good view of the road for a mile or so in each direction. About 5:30pm I happened to see an older suburban go by with the window down and the driver flinging trash out. The next night I waited in the same spot at 5:30 and sure enough a few minutes later the same car appeared on the horizon and as soon as they reached the spot where my property starts they rolled the window and started throwing trash out. I have now watched the driver of this same vehicle do the same exact thing several nights in a row and my blood is boiling as it's obviously deliberate. I don't know who the car belongs to and there are no receipts or other identifiers in the trash. I have thought about setting up a camera or possibly asking the sheriff to sit in my driveway and wait for them to drive by and throw trash out.

I have no idea who this person is but they obviously have some sort of grudge and I'm concerned any open retaliation could result in more serious vandalism. Any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)