AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Printer problems with first job of the day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/4/2021 07:16 (#8871822)
Subject: Printer problems with first job of the day

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A young blind man in the nearby town had a Computer Repair Shop. Unfortunately he was killed in an auto accident. His family sold various items as they cleared out his shop. I bought several items including a LaserJet printer P3015. I didn't even try the printer for quite a while as I really didn't need it that badly.

One day I plugged it into my office computer and tried it. It works very well.

Lately I've been having problems getting it to print the first job of the day. I am in the habit of leaving my computer and printer On at all times. The computer puts itself to sleep and apparently the printer does also. When I return, I touch a key and the computer "wakes up" and I'm good to go with it.

However, if I call for a print job typically a Spreadsheet from within Libre Calc, the printer still seems asleep. If I purposely power the printer Off and then back ON, the printer goes through its usual startup gyrations and then finally prints. Quite often this results in multiple copies since I've called for a second print prior to this.

This morning, I attempted to print another spreadsheet. I got up and looked at the Printer display and pushed the OK button, the printer screen woke up and showed ready or OK. The printer went through the startup routine and I expected my print out. After waiting quite awhile, I called for another print. After a rather long wait, the printer came to life and 3 copies were printed so the system was keeping track of my requests.

Any subsequent prints are fine and the response is immediate. Apparently I am too impatient waiting for the first print after hibernation or is there something I need to set differently?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)