AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gratitude
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Haleiwa
Posted 2/23/2021 15:23 (#8853408)
Subject: Gratitude

West Chazy, New York

I just want to say that I appreciate this site and all that it takes to keep it running.  I participate on another site dedicated to forestry, and the contrast is stark.  Besides the clunky format (every new post goes to the top of the stack; sometimes posts that are years old show up), it's got the most confusing format to post pictures.  They have to be loaded into a gallery, and then transferred into the message.  

The real difference is the freedom of expression that this site allows.  The forestry site has numerous sponsors, and anything critical of a sponsor is likely to be censored.  Linking to other forestry sites may or may not be allowed, but linking to Craigslist or any other classified site will get removed, because the administrator wants to promote his own "for sale" section, which takes a commission on each sale. Nothing political, nothing critical of the site, nothing seen as competitive, and nothing about Northern Tool.  I don't know why, but that's apparently a personal thing with the site owner; he hates Northern and won't allow anything favorable about it without inserting his own paragraph about how terrible that company is.

I realize that running a site like this is akin to herding cats, but at least here the tomcats are given their own special sandbox to play in, and the rest of us can decide if we want to go there or not.

So, just a note of thanks.  Spring will be here soon and we can all go back to breaking things to post in machinery talk.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)