AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cost for drilling a well?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 2/23/2021 15:59 (#8853454)
Subject: Cost for drilling a well?

SC Wisconsin
Anyone care to share what a drilled well has run them? My current well has horrible iron, ive tried peroxide with a carbon filter, cartridge type filters, backwashing iron filters etc. I can't find anything to keep it under control without spending 5 figures. I called the guys who replaced my pump a couple years ago to see what it would run me to just drill a new well or drill the current one deeper if that's a thing they can do to see if we can get into a better source if water.. Current well is a 4" casing, not sure on casing depth but I know when they replaced my pump it is 65 feet deep. It was put in after the house was built in 1990 so its not terribly old. Its a half horse pump and puts out about 12 gpm through a 1" line, 40-60 pressure switch. Most wells in our area are 100ft plus. Last time I had my well tested it was 0 across the board for coliform, nitrates etc but it tastes like you are sucking on an iron pipe and stinks like sulfur. I had it tested by one company that I had put the carbon filter in and they said it was high in iron but no iron bacteria.
The neighbor across the road had bad water for a long time and drilled a well down to 160ft years ago, he said its hard as a rock but good water. Just looking for rough guesses on costs to maybe lessen the sticker shock when I finally hear back from my well guy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)