AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2nd year anniversary
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 2/22/2021 17:04 (#8851403)
Subject: 2nd year anniversary

Strathcona, mn
My wife posted on Facebook this morning that it was 2 years ago when I had my accident and fell and broke both of my heels. I remember the date like it was yesterday, I didn’t realize it was this morning though. A lot has changed for our family in the last 2 years. We have moved farms sites and thus schools. The kids are growing like weeds! Covid... etc....
Me? Well I’m still at it every day. I have good days and some not so good days. I’m mostly back to “normal” but I’m not going to win any running races. I help the kids wrestling program in our town. That is some of the best physical therapy I can have. I take things slower than I used to. I’m much more aware of situations that I will not put myself into than I used to be. I spend more time with the family. I’ve decided I’m not married to the farm but I am to my wife. The first year was tough, physically and mentally. Farming without your feet taught me a lot about disabilities and determination. The 2nd year was better but still in recovery mode. I’ve probably recovered about as good as I will at this point. I’ve learned to adapt over the last 2 years.
We can’t thank our family and friends enough! We had a huge out poring of thoughts, prayers, help, and donations. We learned who our true friends are. Without their help we couldn’t have pulled through this as well as we have. I am determined to give back every bit as much that has been given to us as I can, in prayer, physical help, and financial assistance to those in need. We will all be at a place in time where some extra help will go a long way. Please take the time to help someone out, even if you don’t know what to do. An offering, or just showing up ready to help out can go a very long way. Also, be safe.... don’t take things for granted. Literally a split second can change your life forever.

(ECC735D2-8958-4C45-963A-50C81E2FF09E (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ECC735D2-8958-4C45-963A-50C81E2FF09E (full).png (155KB - 26 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)