AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nh3 personal question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Bristol Hillbilly
Posted 2/20/2021 17:28 (#8847155)
Subject: Nh3 personal question

Palestine, IL 62451

So, I just finished the training and personally thought it was time well spent. Much less tedious than the Private Applicator license. So this brings on my question. 
This is how I have my rig set up to bleed down.
1. After I run out or before I  move down the road, I do the following.
1a. Shut off valve at tank.
2.Get back in tractor and discharge the system in the ground.
3. Go back and unhook hose and put it on applicator. 
4. Rock on.
So, I do not have a bleeder to just purge the hose shutoff valve by tank and the tank valve itself.In other words I cannot just bleed off the connection between tank and applicator hookup.I do know that some just shut both valves and open bleeder and move on. To me the system is still charged and if I trip or whatever clumsy thing I do, I have a chance for bad things to happen. I do have a bleeder by the pioneer tip in case the hose comes unhooked and I have to plug it back in. That way it is not under pressure.
Finally, the question. How many do it my way and what are others procedure for doing it? I might be doing it incorrect, according to the test, if understood correctly the bleeder should be by the tank. 
Just curious, if you don't want to respond due to possible vilification, while sad, is understandable. Lot's of keyboard warriors. I am always willing to learn.

Edited by Bristol Hillbilly 2/20/2021 17:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)