AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Run InCommand 1200 with a first gen 20/20?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

onionfarmer
Posted 2/17/2021 22:30 (#8840997)
Subject: Run InCommand 1200 with a first gen 20/20?

Corinne, Utah
I am in the early stages of converting from moldboard plowing everything to using some strip till and trying some no-till. I have been running a Monosem NG+ for many years. When I bought it, it had the blinking light monitor. Since then I have started using Ag Leader for auto steering and Advanced Seed monitoring. I like the Monosem, but in my opinion it has significant limitations when it comes to running no-till, and there aren't very many options for add ons to improve its performance in no-till conditions. So I found a Deere MaxEmerge XP that was in really good shape and was able to buy it for a decent price. It has a first gen 20/20 on it with wavevision seed tubes and half the rows have the load pins on them for down pressure sensing. It uses airbags for down pressure (no up pressure) and it has an AirForce air compressor on it. It also has the Precision Planting parts in the meters. It is a 6 row 3 point hitch planter.

Can the 20/20 run the downforce without gps data or planting data? I ask that because I would prefer to use the Ag Leader to log all the planting data, but I would also like to try out the 20/20 downforce system. I am still keeping the Monosem because I also plant a bunch of sweetcorn and squash and the Deere isn't outfitted for that yet. Next year I should be able to sell the Monosem, if I can plant sweetcorn and squash with the Deere. Can the precision planting meters plant pumpkins and squash?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)