AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flat storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 1/13/2021 13:45 (#8748194)
Subject: Flat storage

Texas
I’m building a animal shade Along with some gathering pens behind my house. I have a bunch of used tin that’s just hail damaged and purlins that are new but a little rusted from a friend who builds buildings. I was going to have to cut 5-6 foot off the tin for the shade.
Doing a shade about 10’deep x 16’ long with a north wall. I then though I may as well add a 5-6 foot wide “feed room” because my tin is all 16 long. Now I’m like well I could make the back half grain storage. It would hold maybe 200bu. I could put a lid on the roof and auger it in. That would free up a gravity wagon for me. I would be putting corn or oats in it and just bucket out to feed. Maybe cotton seed on a year when it’s cheap. How much extra purlin should I add if I’m going to store grain? I assume the tin can handle the pressure if it has atleast one extra purlin down at say the 2 foot mark.
I’m talking a room 5-6 foot wide and 16 long total. Probably just do the back half for grain. Try and pitch the roof line to where it’s just over 6’ on the low end. (Wife says I can’t block the sunset view)

Edited by SamT 1/13/2021 13:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)