AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer monitor update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

millet_farmer
Posted 1/9/2021 21:06 (#8738174)
Subject: Sprayer monitor update

Akron, Colorado
So I have a 2014 Miller Condor GC75 sprayer that’s running a raven envizio pro 2 monitor, smarttrax hydraulic autosteer and accuboom. Boom height control is run by greentronics so not through the envizio pro. I am upgrading my planting tractor to an AgLeader incommand 1200 and I thought it would be smart to just see what it would take to change the sprayer over. My thinking is sharing guidance lines and field boundaries would be a cake walk.

Is this economically feasible or would I be starting from scratch? All the raven components are on the CAN system so I wasn’t sure what would be involved.

Would an incommand 800 be the better option here? I’ve heard it’s more basic and you have to pay for unlocks such as section control. All I need is autosteer, rate control and section control.

Or would the better option be to stay raven with a viper 4+? It seems more user friendly and customizable.

I don’t normally spray down the rows for corn since I have WAAS only in the sprayer and corn is planted at very low population rates so running across the rows isn’t as big of deal. I just thought it would be ideal to match everything up and have the option of following the rows with autosteer if I upgraded my correction signal.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)