AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Suggestions for new washing machine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dondozer
Posted 1/3/2021 13:17 (#8719240)
Subject: Suggestions for new washing machine

NW Ohio,near Findlay
Have had two sets of front load Maytag washing machines, I think this is the last for a Maytag. The older one I had to replace the bearings in the tub and a year ago had to replace the tub bearings in the current set that is about 7 years old, along with pump, motherboard, and motor. Have been having trouble with water left in drum after last spin, not every time but was getting worse. Repair man run codes, but could not find trouble, last resort was to replace pump, must be impeller broke or worn. Made no difference, but a week ago, was the last straw. Wife said water in drum again, she run last spin again, washer shut off after spin, wife was in the other room and the washer totally filled with water to the top of drum, blew open door and dumped the load in a wave. Lucky I was there to stop water at main, it was still flowing big time. It had to be the water shut off valve failing to shut off water, spring loaded to close, electric to open. Will it's not going to due it again.
Been looking online, reading reviews on what to buy. Who likes the top load over front load? Worth looking into commercial unit? Looks like all of them are made and the same place, and many are not available now. Thanks for any information,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)