AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

two people deeded same property
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 9/16/2020 21:26 (#8499799)
Subject: two people deeded same property

Washington Co Ks
Has anyone ever dealt with someone deeding the same property to two different people? There is a 2 acre lot across the road from our house. At one time there were two deeds and then both 1 acre lots were listed on the same deed. Thirty years ago the then owner gave me this property. By mistake, my deed is for only one of the acres. I'm good with that so that is no problem. Now the owner of the 80 that these lots are out of wanted to fence in these lots with the rest of the 80. The owner of the north acre has died a number of years ago but his son was able to work something out so he could dispose of this lot. Today I found out that instead of transferring the north acre he transferred both acres. Now the new guy has a deed that says he owns the whole two acres and I have a deed saying that I own the south acre. I think that the new guy needs to have a new deed issued to him but he thinks I need to do something with mine. I want to keep this friendly and I am willing to sell my acre for a not much. The new guy is going to the courthouse tomorrow to see what they have to say. I imagine that I'll have to run this by an attorney before it is over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)