AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain set up questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

corngrower2010
Posted 9/16/2020 12:59 (#8498871)
Subject: grain set up questions.

Wisconsin
Ok looking ahead to 2021 season. will be putting in a new sukup dryer. question is

Edit: would be drying 100,000 bu of corn or less a year. currently running a six row head with two semis and grain cart . A combine upgrade is in the near future and would be going to a 8 row corn head and prolly a bigger cart. Acres are growing seems like every year. I'm in my mid 30's so I have time to enjoy the system if I can afford it.

A - use my current 2500 bu flat bottom bin ( which is in rough shape and dont really like to stick any money into it) as the wet bin and my current 24' 8500 bu flat bottom as my dry bin and put a bigger unloader in it to empty quick
OR
B- use my 24' 8500 bu flat bottom bin as a wet bin and put up a 48' 70,000 ish bu bin as a dry bin with a air system
OR
c- Put up a cone bottom 18' roughly 5500 bu as my wet bin, use my 24 ' as my dry bin for a year or two and then put up a bigger dry bin??

Overall goal is to have 50 to 75,000 bu on farm storage with room to grow. Not to excited in biting the bullet and borrowing to whole lump sum, id rather do what i can afford and in steps. the grain dryer is the for sure thing just not sure what to do with the bin situation.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)