AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Handyman Jack -1, Me - 0
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ltfire
Posted 9/16/2020 07:11 (#8498331)
Subject: Handyman Jack -1, Me - 0

North Central Iowa

Yesterday evening I went over to another farm where I store some equipment.  I was going to pick up a couple of wagons, and of course one of them had a flat tire.  Luckily, I had thought ahead of that problem and I brought an air tank along.  Of course, the inside bead of the tire was off, so I wasn't making any progress.  "Oh, look!  There's an old handyman jack leaning against the wall.  That will save me driving 7 miles to get a jack.  Maybe I can even get the bead seated without taking the stupid thing off."  Well, that won't go down as one of my brighter decisions.  The top pin of the jack didn't latch quite right and as I was trying to lift it another notch, it let go and the handle came up and caught me on the left side of my face.  God was watching out for me, because all I've got is some major swelling and it looks like I'm storing nuts up for winter, but it didn't bother my teeth, or my eye, and no loss of consciousness.  I could have been laying there for quite a while, too, because it's pretty out of the way and my wife wasn't expecting me back for quite some time.  I know most or all of us know about those jacks, and I thought I was being careful, but I wanted the rest of you to get a reminder in a little easier way...

Stay safe,

Mike

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)