AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is a homemade pie worth?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

wurtzy
Posted 9/14/2020 08:03 (#8494690)
Subject: what is a homemade pie worth?

Valley, NE
to make a long story short, My 14 year old (6'2) plays club volleyball on the Nebraska National team and it costs a ton to play plus travel. She wants to help contribute to the club fees and has a good entrepreneurial spirit. She suggested baking pies and selling them for the holidays to raise some funds for travel and spending cash. her and I both are pretty good bakers and we have won the Best of Show at the county fair for our pies 4 out last 6 years between the two of us. The old ladys at the fair hate seeing us walk in with boxes of pies!!

I want to support her entrepreneurial spirit, and don't see this turning into a full time gig, but what would someone pay for a homemade pie? $10-$12-$15 is kind of what i was thinking. I have her working on developing a cost of good sheet, so she has a rough estimate of what it takes for inputs to bake a pie this week, so that will help in determining the price, but market matters too.

We make crusts from scratch, both graham cracker and flour, and typically make French silk, pecan, sour cream- raisin, and pumpkin. We haven't done double crusted pies or cheesecakes, because our pecan and french silk go over so well, that's what we always get asked to make. My daughter's pecan pie is second to nothing.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)