AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Orphaned kittens
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fred
Posted 8/2/2020 00:20 (#8409963)
Subject: Orphaned kittens

south east SD
Got 4 of them. Mom was our cat and this is her second batch, first batch didn't make it mom was new and didn't do well.

Secound batch we never knew where they were till today.

Mother cat was doing well until Thursday night till my wife grilled. Cat was around and other being under foot sometimes she is good outdoor cat. Herd was down to her the last year or so.

Well wife was pulling the car into the garage and ran over it, dead on the spot. Wife was really upset and we knew she had kittens somewhere and today she heard them crying. Out in the trees under a pile of branches, just as soon as they heard us they came to me. 80 degrees and they were cold and hungry.

Now have 4 kittens 3 weeks old and we are hand feeding them. They seem in good health but don't really know if they are eating enough? Wife mixes up 5 oz of cat milk replacer for all 4 and they don't eat it all

They eat like they are really hungry but stop fairly fast and kinda fight it?

We started with little bottles and kinda fight it. Then we switch to a bowl and they kinda fight it to.

Got them in a box with a towel, box is setting on a heating pad on low.

The only reason for cats is mouse control around the buildings, not play things. I always like them when they aren't so friendly, looks like that won't happen on this group.

Any tricks to help get these kittens up and running?!?!

Thanks in advance

Edit to add we are doing the wash the butt thing. As soon as we found them I went to Google and got some ideas on care. This morning they were sleeping and warm so we must be doing something right, I hope would really like them to grow up here.

Edited by Fred 8/2/2020 07:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)