AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I just gave up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Cooperator
Posted 8/1/2020 12:58 (#8408897)
Subject: I just gave up

Central Alberta
A friend of mine was telling me that someone was stealing money out of his bank account by small amounts of less than $40 each time, and over the course of 24 hours his bank account would be empty. He said he was just trying to make sure he withdrew all his money as soon as he got paid, but they always managed to make a few transactions before he did. The transactions were always real-sounding businesses like gas stations, but he didn't recognize any of them.

So I investigated and found a Russian movie app that gives you free movies whenever you want and even lets you burn them on a DVD. I was sure that was the problem, and I removed it along with a thorough malware sweep and whatever else I could do. That solved the problem, and he was no longer losing money out of his bank account.

A few months later, I noticed he had reinstalled the Russian free movie program again. I asked "why the hell did you do that?" He said he missed the free movies. You just can't help some people, so I gave up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)