AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

China doesn’t have to do s&$t and won’t
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mfro629
Posted 7/30/2020 19:48 (#8405729)
Subject: China doesn’t have to do s&$t and won’t

central illinois
Instead of discussing what China “has” to do as part of the phase one trade deal... I think our time would be better spent calling our congressman asking why corn is selling for 8$ in China why we are selling it for 3$ and it costs roughly 3$ to get it to China... I called a half a dozen people in the grain trade and they all agreed it would likely cost between 2.50 to 3$ to get grain from central Illinois to China .... so where is the other 2 to 2.50 going? Well since ccp is auctioning off this 6$ corn for 8$ I’d say there are only two options... CCP or Adm cargil bunge consolidated grain and barge... it’s one of the two or both... 10 days of massive export commitment and the market does nothing... the reason it does nothing is because China says a lot of crap that never comes to pass... they are professional liars and they are ruining your markets and the best we can do is speculate how much they will actually buy because they said they would... they haven’t done what they said they were gonna do for the last 25 years... they don’t think like you or behave like you... it’s a different culture and contracts mean nothing to them unless the contract benefits them... if it doesn’t benefit them it’s ripped up and negotiations start over ... so what needs to happen if china wants to buy grain that’s fine... send us a check when it clears the grain will be on its way... until then they can go pound sand ... that’s
What need to be done immediately... if it’s not done this slow race to the bottom is about to speed up...

Edited by mfro629 7/30/2020 20:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)