AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help me understand ARC/PLC, (corn/soybeans) looking at floors/safety nets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 7/29/2020 21:11 (#8403803)
Subject: Help me understand ARC/PLC, (corn/soybeans) looking at floors/safety nets

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
Local farm is up for rent. Very appealing to me for many reason. Talked to land owner and he just wants the most money from a responsible tenant (fertilizer and weeds kept down, that’s about all he cares about). But there is a list of guys he won’t talk to either because they have poor reputations even tho they will pay more...

After talking with him without me telling him my number I realize I’m WAY outta the ballpark... I feel like I raise a good crop. I have some of my cost down, my highest cost compared to what some on here say are probably Nitrogen and Dry Fert. But I’m 99% sure no one I’m bidding against is using wholesale fertilizer.

When I’m figuring a crop budget I never add in anything for govt payment or safety nets. I’ve always treated them like something extra that’s hopefully there if things go south in a hurry. To me that’s gotta be where someone smarter then me has a better understand if them and able to do the math to figure out at what levels they feel there will be a payment and there won’t to give them some extra cushion? Maybe I’m babbling/wining? Just trying to get a better grasp on this if their is something I ought to be considering when placing an offer...

Appreciate any and all education on it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)