AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phone cards, GSM unlocked etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/5/2020 12:03 (#8355214)
Subject: Phone cards, GSM unlocked etc.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I bought a new iPhone 6 when they were the current model through Verizon. I played their game and eventually got it paid for and continue to have my service through them. I notice I can get a GSM unlocked refurbished iPhone 6 for a decent price.

I'm unsure of the ramifications of the Verizon card and what GSM unlocked really means for my situation.

1) Could I remove the SIM card from my present phone, insert it in the refurbished GSM unlocked phone and it would work like the present phone with the same number? I'm assuming that working with the same number would allow me to just continue with the Verizon plan that I'm under. I would have a current backup of the present iPhone via iTunes on my desktop computer and could restore the next phone from it so having the contact list etc. should not be a problem.

2) The refurbished iPhone would be 32GB while my present one is only 16GB. This should give me more total memory for pics and music etc. or would this cause problems with the SIM card.

3) Could I or would I have to switch to another carrier? This might be an advantage anyway. I do have an iPad Pro that has cellular capabilities with Verizon but I no longer have that type of subscription and just use WiFi or my InCommand 1200 as an access point.

I did a search on this topic and have come to the conclusion that the unlocked phone should give me the option of sticking with Verizon or switching to another carrier. I'm thinking that by moving the SIM card from one to the other should allow me to use the refurbished one exactly as my original. Any other tips or cautions would be appreciated.

TIA

Edited by tedbear 7/5/2020 15:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)